OpenProducer’s Community Media Pilot provides indie media and arts orgs with training, mentorship and technical assistance while growing the organizational capacity to sustain over time.
- Enable and enhance original content creation
- Grow revenue via fundraising, sponsorships, partnerships, and related services.
- Identify new models for content distribution and licensing
- Increase audience engagement
- Training, mentorship and technical assistance to help strengthen organizational capacities as well as diversify revenue streams.
- Provide community members real-world learning opportunities to produce, engineer, host, write, interview, and create the media
Once enrolled, OpenProducer and partners would do the following:
- Set Up an onboarding meeting to discuss specific goals and needs
- Continuing research into best practices in revenue development
- Series of in-person and virtual courses, workshops, hackathons, and other training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Create toolkits and share best practices to help achieve long-term sustainability
- Enroll in quarterly fundraising events