Our platform migration and development process is designed to ensure a seamless transition for digital publishers, and it is usually included in our hosted platform support package.
Here is an overview of the platform migration process:
- Review Editorial and Business Goals: The process begins with a review of your editorial and business objectives to align the migration with your specific needs.
- Define Desired Feature Set: OpenProducer works with you to define the set of features and functionalities that you want for your new site.
- Establish Staging Site: A staging site is set up, providing a safe environment to work on the migration without affecting your live site.
- Migrate Content and User Data: Existing content and user data are migrated to the new platform, ensuring that no valuable information is lost.
- Work Through Design Requirements: Design requirements are addressed, ensuring that your site’s look and feel match your branding and preferences.
- Train Editors and Business Users: Editors and business users are provided with training to ensure they can effectively manage and operate the new site.
- Provide Intensive Launch-Day Support: On the launch day, we offer intensive support to make sure everything runs smoothly.
The timeline for the launch process can vary based on several factors, including:
- The size and complexity of legacy data, if any.
- The number of customers in the launch queue.
- The amount of time your team can dedicate to the effort (OpenProducer and partners handle most of the work but collaborate with you at each step).
- Seasonal considerations, such as holidays, elections, and fundraising schedules.
Typically, sites can be launched within a range of two to four months. The first half of this period is focused on staging and data migration, while the second half involves styling, configuration, and training. This collaborative approach ensures a successful transition to the platform tailored to your specific needs.