Newspack is an open-source publishing platform built on WordPress for small to medium sized news organizations. It is an “opinionated” platform that stakes out clear, best-practice positions on technology, design, and business practice for news publishers.
Mobile First Design Tools
- Responsive, mobile-first base theme
- Upload Graphics and Pick Color Schemes
- Choose Page Layouts and Style Page Elements
- No more being locked into only what a theme offers
- Live Broadcast
- Customizable Video Player
- Image galleries and slideshows
- Widgets that display video and photos from the media library or from YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and other providers
- Import media from Google Photos, Instagram, Flickr, and other providers
- Continuous Audio Player
- Embed music players from SoundCloud, Spotify, BandCamp, Mixcloud, Reverbnation, LibreTime, AirTime etc.
- Connects your site to Mailchimp and sets up a Mailchimp block you can use to get new subscribers for your newsletter
- Easy import/export contacts and mailing lists
- Enable Ads from providers like Google AdSense and WordAds
- Accept payments and donations
- Per-Program Crowdfunding
- One-Click Donations
- Peer to Peer Campaigns
- Integrate/embed providers like Patreon, Kickstarter, and Open Collective
- Make it easy to create an online store.
Analytics & SEO
- Track traffic and activity with Google Analytics
- Search engine and social optimization tools
- Social Media Networks – Connect your website to the social media networks you use and share your content across all your social accounts with a single click.
- Instant Articles for Facebook – Add support for Instant Articles for Facebook.
- Publish to Apple News – Export and sync posts to Apple format.